Want to look under the covers at our solution to support 2 models for selling subscriptions plus saving credit cards through Oracle Commerce Cloud?
VSG Commerce has created a solution that allows Oracle Commerce Cloud clients to sell subscriptions through OCC by managing subscriptions and taking payments through Stripe, a leading payment method provider. The subscription process is streamlined by creating a customer profile on both systems and by adding a new profile attribute on the OCC side to store the Stripe customer profile ID. The Stripe customer profile is used to save credit cards as well as subscription information.
The Credit Card Management includes the:
- Ability for the customer to save credit card(s) under their customer profile
- Ability for the customer to view saved credit cards
- Ability for the customer to set a credit card as the default payment method
- Ability for the customer to delete a credit card
The Subscription Management includes:
- Order submission and subscription creation on Stripe that allows the user to select a subscription and proceed with checkout, specifying the shipping address, shipping options and payment details
- A REST service API call to create the subscription on the Stripe side with the necessary information which will be used to process the subscriptions and authorize the credit card transaction for the initial subscription fulfillment
This solution supports 2 subscription models:
- Pre-paid subscriptions that allow the customer to pre-pay for subscriptions
- Non pre-paid subscriptions where the customer will be billed an amount based on the selected subscription billing cycle
These models include the ability:
- To create a subscription including multiple products, quantities and frequency of delivery
- To apply promotions/coupons which may discount the initial subscription billing cycles based on the configured promotion discount type
- Of the system to create the subscription on the Stripe side and authorize the transaction
- For the customer to pre-pay the subscription and for the system to settle the subscription’s full amount in the initial billing cycle
Please contact us for more information or a demo at (847-854-5990 ext 232).